[LHC] SpaceX - PRIMEIRO REUSO! Ao Vivo no GAROA HOJE! Re-Lançamento de um Falcon 9!

Felipe Sanches juca at members.fsf.org
Thu Mar 30 14:35:25 PDT 2017

03/30/2017 18:26
<http://24liveblog.com/share/196269362?url=https://v.24liveblog.com/live/?id=1381188>

T-minus 60 minutes and counting.

03/30/2017 18:19

T-minus 70 minutes. The launch autosequence has started, kicking off the
first steps to begin pumping propellants into the 229-foot-tall Falcon 9 at
launch pad 39A.

RP-1 kerosene will be pumped into the two-stage Falcon 9 rocket first,
followed by liquid oxygen chilled to near minus 340 degrees Fahrenheit
(minus 206 degrees Celsius) at T-minus 45 minutes.

03/30/2017 18:14

The SpaceX launch conductor just gave the go to start propellant loading
on-time.

03/30/2017 18:13

The propellant load poll is expected in one minute.

03/30/2017 18:03

Checkouts of the Falcon 9's flight termination system are reported complete.

03/30/2017 17:51

There are several changes to the Falcon 9 countdown that were first
introduced Jan. 14 on a launch from California, the first SpaceX mission
after a rocket exploded on a launch pad at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station
in September.

Engineers changed the filling sequence to avoid the problem of liquid
oxygen becoming trapped in voids between helium pressurant tanks and their
composite overwraps, which SpaceX says most likely caused the explosion
last year.

When it debuted a more capable Falcon 9 configuration burning super-chilled
densified propellants in 2015, SpaceX shortened its launch countdowns to
begin pumping fuel and oxidizer into the rocket just 35 minutes before
blastoff. SpaceX’s previous Falcon 9 countdowns followed a practice
employed universally on cryogenically-fueled rockets worldwide, in which
propellants are loaded aboard several hours ahead of launch.

The “load and go” countdowns caused headaches at first, leading to several
aborts and delays before SpaceX gained experience with the practice early
last year. The late fueling plan has also drawn questions from NASA safety
advisors, who worry the procedure will endanger astronauts strapped into to
SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spaceships, which the company is developing to ferry
people to and from the space station.

The timeline for today’s countdown calls for RP-1 kerosene, chilled to
around 20 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 6 degrees Celsius), to begin flowing
into the two-stage rocket at T-minus 70 minutes. Liquid oxygen loading will
follow at T-minus 45 minutes.

A poll of the SpaceX launch team is expected at T-minus 78 minutes to give
a "go" for fueling operations.

03/30/2017 17:50

The danger area around the Falcon 9's launch pad is reported clear for the
start of propellant loading operations.

03/30/2017 17:49  Flight timeline

<http://24liveblog.com/show?img=//cdn5.24live.co/images/2017/03/31/1490906524640396.png>

SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket is set for liftoff from Cape Canaveral tonight,
heading due east over the Atlantic Ocean to deliver the SES 10
communications satellite into orbit 32 minutes later.

See a timeline
<http://24liveblog.com/url?go=https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/03/30/falcon-9-launch-timeline-with-ses-10/>
of
the launch sequence.