[LHC] 6º encontro de Python

Rodrigo Ferraz Azevedo rodrigoferrazazevedo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 10:16:48 PST 2016

A quem interessar:

Hello Rodrigo,

Hadoop is mostly written in Java, but that doesn't preclude the use of
other programming languages with this distributed data storage and
processing framework. In fact, Python has emerged as one of the favorite
languages to use with Hadoop. Considering Python's flexibility,
multi-purpose problem-solving capabilities, and all-around popularity—this
should come as a surprise to no one.

In *Hadoop with Python*, authors Zachary Radtka and Donald Miner take you
through the basic concepts behind Hadoop, MapReduce, Pig, and Spark. Then
they show you how to work with these technologies by applying various
Python tools. Download a free copy of their book now and put your Python
skills to work in a really big, Hadoop way.

Get your free copy →
<http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zvog0dm2rehvecs0a48pdajj1ehpo24m93oq96p0>

Rachel Roumeliotis
Strategic Content Director, Programming

P.S. Year after year, Python continues to be one of the most useful tools
in any developer's toolkit. At OSCON 2016
<http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zvoksbkt409r3ev5tjq66gqivkk14d1rqpive2co> (May
16–19 in Austin, TX), discover how to make Python do new and surprising
things. Registration is open now. To help pave your way to OSCON, we've got
an extra *30% off discount for you*. Just use promo code *OSCONVIP* when
you register.

Note: Discounts do not apply to Training pass.

Rodrigo Azevedo

*"Minds are like parachutes; they only function when they are open."* — Sir
Thomas Dewar