[LHC] Fwd: Windows10 IoT Core Public Release

Thiago Marinello thiago at marinello.eng.br
Fri Aug 14 10:46:36 PDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Windows Developer Program for IoT <WDPIoT at microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 3:02 AM
Subject: Windows10 IoT Core Public Release

Hello Makers, Developers and Inventors!

We are excited to announce the public release of Windows 10 IoT Core! With
this we are bringing the capabilities of Windows 10 to boards like the
Raspberry Pi 2. Learn more about this exciting new release in our blog post
<http://aka.ms/hellowindowsiotcore>. You can download
<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=619985> it now for free to use in
your projects.

To celebrate the release, we are announcing a contest
<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=620217>* in collaboration with
Hackster.io <http://www.hackster.io/>. To participate, build a home
automation solution that leverages the power of Windows 10 IoT Core running
on Raspberry Pi 2. The two grand prizes are a trip to Maker Faire, New York
for a winner from US and to Maker Faire, Rome for a winner from Europe to
demo your projects to your fellow Makers. Other prizes include up to $2000
in gift certificates and a free Raspberry Pi 2 kit to the top 100
shortlisted projects!

We can’t wait to see what you’ll make!

*Windows 10 IoT Core Team*

* See ‘Challenge Rules’ on